[TowerTalk] Xmas light antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Xmas light antenna
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 02:39:53 +0000

FireBrick wrote:

> They don't allow antennas, but they do allow Xmas lights.
> Anybody ever try to load a couple of strings of Xmas Lights?
>
> Would keying make them flash/blink?

A friend of mine once had his radio hooked up to the Christmas
tree lights on his Christmas tree so he could play music into the
mike and watch the lights blink (real low power of course).  He
found out he was putting out a signal on 80 meters that we could
hear up in Oregon so I'd say, ys, they will work :-)  73
Tom W7WHY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----