[TowerTalk] Xmas light antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Xmas light antenna
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 06:24:15 -0500
Bill:

     Take it from me - It's likely that the string of lights will glow with
RF, even if not fed directly but from an interwoven wire.  FWIW.

      Reminds me of my first QSO in 1966.  Half of my 40 M dipole was laying
on my parents' roof (the other half over the back yard.)  While I was in QSO
with VE2AOU (my first QSO!), the RF from the antenna lit up the 10W ceiling
light on the second floor a few feet below the roof, in sync with my Morse
keying.  My mother screamed that I was going to blow up the house and
literally pulled the plug on my rig in the kitchen!  But I got Ron's card a
few days later.  (My Elmer worked in the local PO and recognized the partial
address as mine.)

GL es 73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F