[TowerTalk] ++ High SWR and Modern Transceivers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ++ High SWR and Modern Transceivers
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:17:56 -1000
BTW,  the  XMatch tuner I mentioned by N4XM,
is called a "Classic Lowbander" tuner.  The design
contemplates use primarily on 160 and 80.  It
works 40 on up,  but perhaps not with the highest
efficiency nor ease of use because of the very high value
of fixed C which is switched to the needed position.

For some info about the XMatch by N4XM see:

http://c-space.net/xmatch/

No I have no connection with Paul,  other than a few years
ago I did buy one of his tuners, and it is here on my operating
set up along with a Palstar AT4K (which is my primary tuner
of use) and my EF Johnson KW Matchbox,  which has been
modified along the lines suggested by LB Cebik, W4RNL,
for info about this,  see his site:

http://www.cebik.com/link0.html

Here he discusses the theory and "optimum" design for
link coupled,  balanced output tuners a la the Johnson boxes.
He also has a site about the Johnson boxes at:

http://www.cebik.com/link.html

My Matchbox feeds "true" ladder line to a center fed
80 meter doublet.  Lost my 160 meter long wires to
horses a couple of years ago.  Somebody leased
the plantation land behind me whose use I had been
"borrowing".

73,  Jim  KH7M

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----