[TowerTalk] ++ High SWR and Modern Transceivers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ++ High SWR and Modern Transceivers
From: alwilliams@olywa.net (Al Williams)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:03:15 -0800
> Guys, all I asked was whether I could do any harm to my transceiver by
> operating it into a high-SWR load, or at least one high enough to cause
the
> output power to be folded back by the protective circuitry.

OK, I will ask the question that wasn't asked but got responses because the

Just a few hours ago, UPS delivered a TENTEC 238a 2000 watt tuner.  A few
months ago I purchased a used ALPHA 87.  I had assumed the 2000 watt tuner
meant it was capable of handling 2000 watts period period  This tuner is an
L tuner rather than a T tuner as has been mentioned so far in this
discussion.

This will be my first attempt at high power so I will appreciate
advice/recommendations concerning
potential harmful operation of the tuner.

k7puc

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----