[TowerTalk] 9913 Reliability

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 9913 Reliability
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:40:41 -0500
Hi Yuri,

> Why then difference in attenuation with higher frequencies for
> different dielectric? Are you saying that there are no dielectric
> losses in the coax?

I hate to repeat stuff....so I won't. Read my post again.

> Based on what? Modeling programs or real life comparisons?
> My real life experience showed that Rhombic heard and worked stuff
> that "yagiers" had no trace of. (Yea, anecdotal proof) Those who used
> both know.

When did you have Rhombics?
What type yagis did you have and to compare them with?
How many days did you A-B test the antennas?
What was the test protocol you used?

Or is this like your the famous Razor beams that graced the cover
of Radiosporting magazine and their alleged 10dB gain over 5
element yagis???
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----