[TowerTalk] Decoding BCD with passive circuit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Decoding BCD with passive circuit
From: alex@sandlabs.com (alex)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 05:40:20 -0500
BCD or Binary Coded Decimal is same as HEX only it rolls over at "9"
Thus, you have to decode 9 combinations of 4 bits. Not hard but hardware
intensive as diodes take a lot of space. You need pull-up and pull-down
resistors to
create "AND" and "OR" gates.
An elegant approach is to use a PIC micro to do the stuff you need. It costs
a dollar or two and the development environment is free.

If you need help, I can help set you up :)

If you have a FAX, I can send you a diagram for the diode decoder you want
to have :)

Alex

If we can accept the notion that GUNS are
the killers and not the people, why is it that
we can not accept the idea that CARS are
the speeders and not the drivers?

Alex, trying to understand the world around.