[TowerTalk] Cabling Recommendations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cabling Recommendations
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:42:25 -0500
Some time back K5RC made a posting to Tower Talk regarding station
cabling and why not to use Radio Shack-style cables.

I'm in the process of re-wiring my station, with the hope of
eliminating the rats' nest behind the operating position.  I have
started using RG-142 for the RF interconnects, but am wondering what
Tower Talkers recommend for the audio cable.  I'm using mostly Ten Tec
gear, which has individual RCA jacks for each function.

I've seen N4ZR's Dayton presentation where one station ran a
multi-conductor cable to a breakout box, but I don't think that's
particularly practical here.

I'm looking for suggestions...pictures help, too!

Email them to me and I'll summarize for those who want it.

Thanks in advance,

73 & Happy Holidays!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----