[TowerTalk] Vertical on 80

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical on 80
From: Hendrik.Van.Kets@pandora.be (Hendrik Van Kets)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:39:08 +0100
I would like to know the opinion of the readers of Towertalk. After over 20
years the wooden scaffolding pole which supported my 80 meter vertical has
broken off during a windstorm. It was rotten and the woodpeckers had already
had a go on it. I actually saw it break off and fall 6ft from my gardeners
car ! To make the correct quarter wave lenght I had added an aluminum tube
and a fairly long CB mobile whip. A tuner at the base and a rather extensive
buried ground system completed this aerial.
As a replacement I have considered the unguyed Heavy Duty 80 m Titanex or
the HyGain HyTower, now known as AV-18HT.
Does any reader have experience with either? Or is there a sensible
alternative for this very rainy country where winds of 100 mph are a
problem?
Thanks and a Merry Christmas.73 de "Doc" ON4IZ

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----