[TowerTalk] Universal Freestanding Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Universal Freestanding Tower
From: richardw@mho.com (Rick Williams)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:03:21 -0700
Nathan,

I have some experience with both companies.  I have three Heights free
standing towers and one Universal free standing tower in my yard.   They are
all 80 ft tall.   They all hold Force 12 antennas.    The Universal tower
has a Magnimum 417/512 stacked with a EF-330.   The Heights towers have a
Mag 520/340, Mag 715 and Mag 810 respectively.

The oldest tower is one of my Heights which I bought back around 1974.
The one thing I like about the Heights towers is the fold over section.   I
have the foldover unit on all the towers (I had Heights specially drill a
foldover unit for my Universal tower).    They all fold over at the 40 ft
level and I can work on the antennas on the ground.

I put up a weather station last year and mounted the wind unit up about 40
ft on one of the towers.  Peak wind to date is 58 mph back in Oct.   I live
on top of a hill south of Denver and I know we have had winds in excess of
60 easily since I have been here (alittle over 7 years).

I have been very happy  with all the aluminum towers.

Dick Williams  K8ZTT
Franktown CO

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----