[TowerTalk] Antennas down FOLLOWUP

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antennas down FOLLOWUP
From: majrabsr@rconnect.com (Major Ron)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:46:38 -0000
Thanks to all for the moral support. Sounds like there is a lot of 'been
there / done that'.

Closer investigation this morning leads to the following: 20M boom broke in
UPWARDS direction! Likewise, the 15M & 10M booms were bent UP. Broken
elements appear to have been broken sideways, based on the fact that I
installed the clamps toward the ground. I suspect something other than
ordinary wind and ice loading.

I  am going to check with the WX bureau in Sioux Falls to see if they might
have painted any kind of anomally in my area.

Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this kind of failure?

Thanks.
Ron, KA9ALC

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----