[TowerTalk] Routing coax across roof (long)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Routing coax across roof (long)
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:07:53 -0800
Long time ago when roofers had to work on steep rooves, they nailed thin
sheet metal onto a board, then nailed the sheet metal tab to the unshingled
roof (horizontally in the same way as the shingles)  There would be a
number of these foot hold up the incline.  Then when they finished the job,
they would cut the sheet metal as close to the shingle as possible.  With
asphalt shingles they could lift up the shingle then cut the metal stap.

Now, using the same idea could you make a sheet metal tab that you could
nail under the cap shingle by lifting up the cap ,if you break it make sure
you have some shingles to replace it.  Being the cap very easy to lift up
or replace.  Since the weight will not be that great you could roll the
exposed end of the tab to hold the pipe in which the coax would go or the
thin board to which the coax would be attached.  Or you could attached the
metal tab to the holding board first, slip the ends under the cap shingle
and nail in.

Chris opr VE7HCB

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----