[Towertalk] Salt Water Locations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Salt Water Locations
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:49:09 EST
In a message dated 3/12/02 7:36:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> It would be interesting to look at the various antennas at that QTH in YT
>  or TA -- given the effective height of those antennas, I'd expect them to
>  be too high for some paths (like JA).

    Too high? Just ask the guys on mountain tops if they're too high.

    Actually for JA they had 'beach antennas' mounted at the bottom of the
bluff aimed up Puget Sound. The 300' bluff behind them added LOTS of
attentuation to those pesky W6's and W5's trying to work the same path.

    The first time they sent in a score with a huge number of JA contacts,
the League said that working that many JA's was impossible and deducted lots
of Q's and points from their score.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC