[Towertalk] Salt Water Locations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Salt Water Locations
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:02:14 -0500
At 10:49 AM 3/12/02 EST, K7LXC wrote:
>    Too high? Just ask the guys on mountain tops if they're too high.

Gave up asking those guys a long time ago <g>.  There's a lot of folklore
out there, but there's also a very good section in Dave Leeson's book on
hilltop locations and their up- and downsides.

>    Actually for JA they had 'beach antennas' mounted at the bottom of the
>bluff aimed up Puget Sound. The 300' bluff behind them added LOTS of
>attentuation to those pesky W6's and W5's trying to work the same path.

That's kind of what I figured.  Open wire feedlines?

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org