[Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS - Not a panacea

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS - Not a panacea
From: ag0n@arrl.net (ag0n@arrl.net)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:54:51 -0700
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:27:37 -0500, Bill Otten wrote:

> The tilt over base of my tower puts the hinge at about 9 feet.

By the way, all of my statements about crankups have been regarding TILT
over, NOT FOLD OVER.  I have only one experience with a fold over tower
and it spooked me!  Not saying it can't be done right, but this one
wasn't.  In my vocabulary, tilt over means it hinges at the bottom, not
part way up.  That's folding - like your elbow does.

gm
--
There is no x in my ISPs domain name.