[Towertalk] Force 12 Sigma verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 Sigma verticals
From: bravo@iol.ie (John Tait)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:57:14 -0000

> Has anyone built a triangle or 4square array using the Force 12 Sigma 80
or
> 40 verticals?  If so, what are your reactions both good and bad.  Seems to
> me like it might well be an effective solution (but expensive) to limited
> space where a full sized radial screen is not feasible.

  Doesn't have to be expensive... I use a pair of vertical dipoles  45ft
vertical section, and 66ft top and bottom capacity hats. I agree with John
Petrich, W7FU.. My dipoles are as good as any of  the verticals that I have
built here, and they're two dimensional. I suspend my phased pair from a
single 60ft timber pole. The top hats slope a bit.  The pair cost less than
$20.... a little less than the Sigmas !!! and are just as effective, and
probably more so, as they are 10ft taller.  (than the 80m Sigmas)
  I also use a 45ft Vertical section  "double L", or "sideways U dipole" a
la Don K2KQ ...http://www.yccc.org/Features/double_l.htm    It's also
extremely easy to rig, is very effective, and minimal cost. It got me PW0T,
and JT1CO in the last couple of weeks.

    73
     John   EI7BA