[Towertalk] hygain 205ca

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] hygain 205ca
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:33:06 -0500
When you raised the antenna to 80', did you measure the resonant
frequency AT THE ANTENNA? .. or at the end of a piece of coax?
The ONLY way to 'get it right' is to do ALL measurements AT the antenna,
NOT down at the shack!
I agree with VE9AA who said you should 'tune' the antenna with the
reflector on the ground and pointing straight upward, but NOT leaning
against a metal support [tower, etc.].
If you set the antenna to the factory dimensions, it will work correctly
and resonate properly .. [have had two 205bas antennas that did] ..
please remember that the 205CA has radically changed spacing between the
elements compared to the 205BAS.
Good luck
Don - N8DE