[Towertalk] Detuned Mosley CL-36-M

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Detuned Mosley CL-36-M
From: w5ba@compuserve.com (Gerald D'Entremont)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:06:15 -0600
So...does it work?  I went to look at a CL-205 this afternoon,
which is the 5L 20M monobander that utilizes a similar (identical?)
feed system.  One half of the feed was missing...I'm presuming
from your statement that one could fabricate a suitable replacement
simply by stripping jacket and braid from some RG-8 and
matching the opposing/remaining length?  maybe I'm not willing to
take enough on faith, but there seems something intuitively "wrong"
with a 'matching system' where the feedline has NO physical connection
to ANY part of the antenna!

73, Gerald  W5BA  w5ba@compuserve.com