[Towertalk] Force12 EF230 / EF240

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force12 EF230 / EF240
From: ozling@mail.dk (Henrik Weiss)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 05:39:51 +0200
I have just assembled my EF240/EF230 interlaced yagi and have a few
questions to the tuning procedure.

1. The manuals I have gives information that the 40 M should be:

1.1 Pruned for SWR 1:1 and then measure resonance. If our of the band adjust
the jumper wires and re-check SWR.

Fine so far.

2. The 30 M should be tuned as follows:

2.2 Tuning same way, HOWEVER the drawing say tune reflector for 9.870 and
director for 10.3 ????

Why the difference in the procedure ? or did I miss anything ? And if I did
please advise if you can on the freq. settigns for the 40 M reflector and
director.

3. Another tricky question is what can I expect for swr / impedance readings
with the antenna @ ground level so that I may get in the vicinity when it is
being raised ?

Thank you in advance,

PS.