[Towertalk] Force12 EF230 / EF240

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force12 EF230 / EF240
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:41:33 -0600
I assume they intend for the 2L40 to be operated as a Reflector array.
They are giving you the option of making the 30M antenna EITHER
a Reflector or Director array.

A reflector (tuned below the band) will act as a reflector over the
whole band.  Reflector arrays have greater bandwidth than director
arrays.   A director tuned just above the band segment of
interest can act as a reflector above that frequency.  IF you
choose to tune a 40M director for 7.150, you may get a pattern
reversal when listening above 7150 KHz.  Since 30M is such
a narrow band, either method will provide adequate performance.

Tom  N4KG