[Towertalk] Tall tower "MUCH" better for RFI isolation?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tall tower "MUCH" better for RFI isolation?
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:09:42 -0400
 Hi All,

This Question pertains more to 6 Meters and TVI than anything, but I am
looking for replies from the HF crowd too!

Scenario:
I am moving later this year (hopefully) and trying to find a house on ~1-3
acres of land.
I wish to put up a long 6m yagi on a tower.

Question:
Will I really gain anything (as far as RFI to neighbors goes, not
propagation-wise) by putting
my antenna @ 100' as conpared to 50' ?

Again, this question doesn't refer how well the antenna will work for Es, F2
etc, but what kind of extra isolation will I get from mounting it twice as
high (so I don't get into the local TV's on Chan 4/9/12)

I will have HF beams up too, but this doesn't "seem" to be as much of a
problem. (or am I just lucky?)
 I can run 1.5kW all weekend long here to a TH6DXX @ 46' and never have I
ever heard a complaint.  It only seems to be when I get on 6 meters (even
running 50w) do I get into everyones phones, VCR's, TV's, baby
monitors,toasters etc.

Thanks,

Mike VE9AA
Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith