[Towertalk] 40 meter beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 meter beam
From: k1my@msn.com (Bruce Makas)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:45:38 -0800
Charlie et al, I have had several and 3 major failures in 3 years. Two of
them were in Maine in the middle of the winter. One turned out to be the
box, replaced by Carl. The other was a failed pot in the unit on the tower.
I am not a climber so that puts me out of business. This last one, brand
new, failed after 6 days on the tower. I still don't know what the failure
is. I had it professionally installed. The beam is stuck pointing east but
the controller says 180 degrees and nothing moves. It is a great idea but
life is too short for a terrible design and no quality control.

If you want it you can have it for 50% of what I paid for it.

Bruce K1MY