[Towertalk] Am I alone ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Am I alone ?
From: steve@oakcom.com (Steve Maki)
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:58:29 -0400
KH7M wrote:

>Early every morning,  before my computer is on,
>e-mails are sent to me.  This starts around 12:30 AM
>Hawaii time,  or 6:30 AM EDT.
>
>These are coming from various amateur radio reflectors.
>However,  a few minutes,  four to seven after one comes
>along from the Tower Talk reflector,  along comes an e-mail
>from an unheard of address containing a bad V;  one of
>the breed of W32's.
>
>I really have no idea if the relation to the Tower Talk
>reflector is real

<snip>

Probably just indirectly - you are apparently in lots
of address books of fellow reflectees. I've seen no
pattern like that.

What I don't understand is why so many people continue
to use Microsoft e-mail clients when it's those specific
programs (Outlook & Outlook Express) that are targeted
by 99% of the viruses and worms. There are much better
e-mail apps (i.e. Agent) that don't have "features"
which allow attachments to run without checking and
double checking with you first.

Steve K8LX