[Towertalk] harness question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] harness question
From: Steve Litwins" <litwins@badsector.com (Steve Litwins)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:38:21 -0500
I am learning abt climbing harnesses.  I have always used my old pole/tree
equipment from Klein, but now see that to be completely safe I need a full
body harness.  Now...having said that, I need some help with the function of
full harness parts.  I am considering buying an integrated full body harness
that included the belt (tool/body) and a wide web to sit on for extended
periods up the tower.  The question is about the function of the front
D-ring at the chest.  I understand all the other D-ring uses but do not know
what the chest D-ring is used for.  We are talking 6 D-rings on a full body
harnesses here.  One in the back  = fall-arrest.  Two on the belt =
positioning.  Two on the seat strap = to hang the seat.  Is the one on the
chest just an extra measure of safety?  73/dx
steve, k8wk