[Towertalk] Guy Grip Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Grip Question
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:56:46 -0600
The guys on my first tower (80 ft) are 27 years old,
have NO end caps, NO clamps, and NO ty-wraps
and are still holding just fine.  BTW, they are the
shorter version intended for utility pole use.

Oh yes, did I mention NO ICE ?  :-)

Someone suggested the real purpose of the end caps
was to ensure that the ends of the grip are properly
installed, flat and smooth against the guy wire without
any overlaps.

All subsequent guys were made using the longer versions.
I start BOTH legs with the end of the guy at the first mark,
then use the shaft of a screw driver to wind the rest of the
legs on the guy, and smooth out the ends (which sometimes
requires a pair of pliers).

MUCH  FASTER and easier on the HANDS !

Tom  N4KG