[Towertalk] guy grip question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] guy grip question
From: k9nr@juno.com (Donald L Kerouac)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:42:38 -0500
I believe the sleeves are used to prevent chunks of ice that may slide
down a guy from unravelling a grip upon impact.  If you break your guys
up with insulators, this would be a moot point.  In the commercial tower
business, there is a company that sells cast metal cones that bolt over
the guy just above the grip.  Nearly all the commercial towers I work
around just use grips and sleeves.
I think it would be very difficult to remove a grip under tension with
your bare fingers and since you can remove a sleeve with less effort, I
don't think the designer had anti-vandalism in mind.
73...Don, K9NR

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.