[Towertalk] Guys for vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guys for vertical
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:31:21 -0600
My original 80M dipole 1/4 inch NYLON support rope recently broke.
It served me for 20+ years in the Sunny South.

The downside of nylon rope is that it stretches, especially when wet,
so I do NOT recommend nylon for GUYING.

For guying SHORT verticals, almost anything will do,
such as moderately heavy tent stakes or small galvanized pipe.

Tom  N4KG