[Towertalk] 620/340

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 620/340
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:49:13 EDT
In a message dated 4/13/02 5:48:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
barrie@centric.net writes:

> Several months ago I queried the list regarding the Force 12 620/340.  While
>  I received several responses regarding real, and potential, mechanical
>  problems, I don't believe anyone had anything to say regarding real-world
>  performance.
>
>  Spring is springing, here in Montana.  I have an empty 80' tower.
>
>  Since I'm more interested in 40M than 20M, besides the 620/340, I'm also
>  considering the 520/340.
>
>  Anyone have any experience with either of these antennas?  I'm especially
>  interested in the performance of the 40 meter section.

    Well, I don't think you'd be making any kind of mistake by installing
either one of those antennas.

    Does the linear loaded 40M work as well as a full-sized version? No - the
LL design is a compromise.

    As far as the potential mechanical problems, double or triple-row the
rivets per joint and they won't come apart. Make sure the element
boom-to-element brackets are backed up with thru-bolts. And pay the extra 10%
for the upgraded 100 MPH version.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH