[Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs
From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:05:31 -0600
Hi Don

>a: drop the top guys (and any other dipoles/wires that may be close) and
>bring them along the tower (by disconnecting them at the ground, and just
>walking  them in) , assuming this can be done safely on a calm day. Then
>check the SWR.

This sounds like a great idea but it makes me really quite nervous. I am
using a 60 ft Rohn 25 foldover with the guys points much further from the
base than recommended. I am not sure I have the nerves to attempt this
maneuver :) Any other suggestions that do not require nerves of steel? :)

As for the winds - well we had some gusts to 75 kph but I hear you had
90-100k in your part of the world. You are right - no tower work here for
the next little while --- I am just trying to get a plan of action ready for
the next warm day :)

.. sylvan

Ô¿Ô¬
Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK
"A Novel Perspective of Amateur Radio Contesting" at
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx