[Towertalk] Sourcing Products

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Sourcing Products
From: steve@oakcom.com (Steve Maki)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:10:09 -0400
K4OJ, in addition to promoting the FQP, wrote:

>And on a related note for Towertalk readers....
>
>I work as a buyer and across my desk today came a catalogue from an outfit
>called MOCAP.  MOCAP Plastic Prodcuts makes all  kinds of plastic covers -
>including those that look like they would cover up say a PL259?  The have
>some which look like finger grips on the end on just closed over...they are
>a manufacturer so they will not be interested in onesy twosy to hams but
>perhaps you can find a distruibutor of their products to help in the search
>for the perfect dress for that unused PL259.  Try their website -
>www.mocap.com to find a distributor of their products near you....they have
>branches in Europe and Mexico, too.

The MOCAP brand of silicone tape is one of the more popular vapor
wraps for sealing connectors. It sticks to nothing except itself,
so doesn't gum up the works, ever.

Properly applied, a layer of this stuff with a layer of vinyl on
top will provide a hermetic seal for even, dare I say it, a 9913
splice.

Highly recommended. Mocap will sell direct with a ten roll minimum.

Steve K8LX