[Towertalk] how do you know your coax is bad?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] how do you know your coax is bad?
From: Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:19:53 -0400
simple test:

when N4KG beats you out in a pileup check your coax :-)

ideally we should keep station records of wattnmeter readings into a dummy
load at the termination when a given number of watts are put out at the
rig...this many got to the antenna on this date...then compare later
on....but, since we are amateurs we tend to use rules of thumb like - "Awe
S%&* N4KG beat me out to the JY"

8 days til the FQP!

k4oj