[Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:25:14 -0400

Paul,

You're only partially correct (if I may argue with a lawyer on a legal
issue).  If the laws concerning Homeowner Associations (or private
contracts) permit actions which are unconstitutional ... limit
free speech (First Amendment) , due process (Fifth Amendment) rights
or are subject to federal preemption, e.g. interstate commerce (Article
1, Section 8), then the reform becomes a judicial issue and the law(s)
in question must be struck down.

While I support reasonable homeowner association rules, I believe anti-
antenna CC&Rs should be struck down as violative of (1) free speech
rights, (2) due process rights, and (3) improperly intruding into an
area of federal primacy (interstate/international commerce).

There is a reason to call the judiciary (and thus the lawyers) to task
for allowing the homeowner association mess to continue unchecked.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK