[Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose
From: mgb4@mindspring.com (MGB)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:50:04 -0400
Several years ago I was looking for a building site to construct my new
home. I found a beautiful new division that had only one house at the time.
I spoke with the real estate person, and found out the area was highly
regulated. She got me a copy of the restrictions which totally blew me away.
It was six (6) type written pages with hundreds of regulations. The one that
stands out in my mind is: the undersigned swears he/she is not now or has
ever been an Amateur (ham) radio operator. In addition the undersigned
affirms what he/she will never obtain a "HAM" license. Of course the
document had all of the usual "no car in the drive way", "no truck", "no TV
antenna", "no clothes line", you name it they have it. They wanted a picture
perfect development, that conformed to the ideal of the developer. Evidently
many people agreed, because there are lots of BIG new houses springing up
monthly. Fortunately I'm not one of the self oppressed insiders. This type
of thing is going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.

Mick  W4YV