[Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose
From: Bill Otten" <res0958z@verizon.net (Bill Otten)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:58:03 -0400
I'd have to agree. HOA's and CC&R's are an immediate threat to not only our
towers but ham radio in general. Discussion and awareness will be vital in
slowing this threat, or beating it altogether. I see no reason why this
reflector cannot accomodate a discussion on HOA's.....I believe them to be
adamantly opposed to towers. Has anyone knowledge of an HOA document which
reads " Towers for amateur radio purposes are allowed, to the full height
permissible by FCC regulation."?  I didn't think so....I'd be surprised if
ANYWHERE there were an HOA document encouraging our hobby.

Bill KC9CS
Homepage at http://home1.gte.net/res0958z/index.htm with lightning ground
details