[Towertalk] SOLDER TO ALUMINUM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] SOLDER TO ALUMINUM
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:04:48 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/02 11:24:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
petrich@u.washington.edu writes:

>     Can anyone recommend a method to solder aluminum to aluminum and copper
> to aluminum?  Am experimenting with a new antenna.
>
>      Once I successfully soldered brass mesh over a vent hole in an
aluminum
> chassis for a high power UHF amplifier.  Cannot recall how I did that.  Am
> interested in a soldering method that will improve the electrical
> conductivity of the connections over and above that possible using the
usual
> clamping methods.

    There's a guy that's at the NW Division Convention in Seaside, OR, every
year that has a fascinating product that REALLY DOES solder aluminum. I've
never seen anything else even close. The Convention is next month.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH