[Towertalk] Force 12 needs to do more homework

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 needs to do more homework
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 08:15:50 +0000
5B4AGN posted:

>My only criticism of Force 12 comes from reading one other recent posting
>where apparently Force 12 have stated they ship two separate models of the
>C31XR, one for single feeder and the other for 3 feeders.  That's
>crazy........the only extra things needed for 3 feeder implementation rather
>than single feeder are two bits of ally tubing a few inches long and a piece
>of wire a couple of feet long for the additional hairpin.  These should be
>included with every C31XR in a bag marked "3-feeder installation kit".
>Shouldn't cost you more than 50 cents to do that.

Not true, sir.  Just like the C3, going separate feeders requires moving one
of the drivers to a different location on the boom.  It is very clear from the
dimension sheet I've seen for the C31XR & that for the C3E/A which W6XR
kindly provided to this owner of a second-hand soon-to-be C4E/A, should
I ever get to spend enough time at home to do it.

73, VR2BrettGraham