[Towertalk] Lightning again

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lightning again
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:47:38 -0000
For those who are seriously concerned about lightning for either radio
or work I suggest you check out: http://www.lightningstorm.com/

They have recently changed their offerings, it now looks like this:
http://www.lightningstorm.com/ls2/guide/products/displays/observer/index
.jsp
would be the most interesting for hams.  It provides almost real time
maps and e-mail notification for thunderstorms for as short as 3 hours
for $6.95 for your parades or summer events, 3 days for $16.95 for those
weekend outings or contests, or for as long as a full year for $384 if
you are a weatherholic.

They also have services available to locate single strokes for those
pesky insurance investigators, and a bunch of other services for
businesses.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net