[Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide
From: wa2bpe@infoblvd.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:11:38 -0400
I have seen this "problem" at Rochester too - but luckily only with a few.  It
seems that some have forgotten (or never knew) the "art" of bargaining and some
sellers (both commercial & tailgaters) have a serious bad attitude.  There
really is a way to say that you just can't go lower in $$ without being
obnoxious.  A "hostile takeover attitude" buyer is uncalled for too.  Luckily,
having been to many 'fests over the last 40+ years, I have only had to tell a
few tailgaters to stuff something where the sun don't shine!!  Don't blame it
all on gas $$ or the wx; everyone there is enduring the same problem.
Unfortunately, there will always be some number of "generic jerks" and they are
everywhere.

73,  Tom - WA2BPE
.