[Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide
From: kb5my@starband.net (Dan Hammill)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:44:34 -0700
When it comes to sellers with ridiculous prices, it's always
a good feeling to do what I did last year:

 Friday morning:

  Seller #1 had a nice multi-section, motor-driven K&L
  bandpass filter that covered 144 MHz.  Price: $150.00.

  Seller #2 had several of the same filters, still in
  the original wrappers, with models covering 50 MHz and
  144 MHz.  Asking price: $75 each.  I offered $60 each,
  and he bit the hook.

 Saturday evening:

  I casually walked by Seller #1's table with my treasures,
  the $150 version was still there.  He stopped me and asked
  what I paid for mine, so I told him.  The look on his face
  was worth every dollar I spent.

  I did the same thing to one of the guys selling used, short
  1/2" SuperFlex HELIAX jumpers for outlandish prices.

Was the flight from San Diego to Dayton worth it - you bet!

73,
Dan  KB5MY