[Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide
From: k1my@msn.com (Bruce Makas)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 08:35:35 -0700
Another few reasons that attendance may be sliding and will continue to
slide unless the organizing committee gets more user friendly:

1. Dayton programs that used to be given to all attendees for free, were on
sale this year for $5 !!!!!!! Increadable.

2. The DX Forum and the Contest Forum which typically drew hundreds to each
with all seats taken and all wall space occupied by a standing room only
crowd were held in a smaller room (so that more booth space could be sold
$$$). In addition, these forums that used to start at 9:00AM and run all day
long did not start untill 11:00. Why? Who knows?

3. Regarding parking, does anyone remember when busses would pick you up at
the hotel for a free ride to Hara?

I'm not bitter, don't mis-read me but it is the Dayton organizing club's
fault that attendance is dropping (at least amoungst contesters and DXers).
They have forgotten the "users", the customers and are now only concerned
about the bucks. I wonder what their profit will be this year? My opinion.

Nice to see you all there,

73, Bruce K1MY