[Towertalk] Rohn tip-over base failed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn tip-over base failed
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:39:44 -0400
You drill a 3/4 inch hole through the bottom of a Rohn 25 section and
you sure don't have much left over. It will just balloon worse when
you load it up.  Rohn 45 maybe you might get away with this, but not
25.

Dunno, it might even be that he's got some of that old stuff that
LOOKS like Rohn 25, which would be even worse.

Of worse import on reflection, the overload involved in this may have
done worse things elsewhere which are not as obvious. The whole
structure is due a very careful inspection.

73, Guy.