[Towertalk] Dipole height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Dipole height
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:57:25 -0500
Antenna mavens:  In addition to a large 10-el F12 tribander, I'm running a
121' dipole/balun with it's apex at 65' on a 6' insulated standoff, with
both ends at about 50'. Sort of a gently inverted V. It works very well on
everthing between 10 and 80, and absolutely great on several bands. The
question:   If I was willing to sweat a little I could the apex up to 75',
with the ends at about 55'. Is the extra 10' worth a trip up the tower, db
wise, on 75 and 80? My thinking was it might work even better if the
*average* height were up about a half wave on 80, instead of just the apex.
All guys are Phillystran, which is probably one reason it works so well now.
Thanks for your opinions.
73, Jerry W5KP