[Towertalk] winches to pull up tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] winches to pull up tower
From: KB2HUK@aol.com (KB2HUK@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:48:55 EDT
Hello All!  I have a question , I have a 60 foot Universal aluminum tower
with a log periodic and a dual band vertical along with a rotor so I have
around 100 lbs. at the end of my tower .  Climbing this tower for repairs is
out of the question.  I was thinking of using a winch to pull it up or to
lower it for repairs or adjustments.  does anyone have experience with this
type of system ?  I would like to know What type of winch to use what type of
cable, what do you attach the winch to?  should I keep the top of the tower
as light as possible ? how far up do I hook the cable to the tower?  Any info
or insight would be greatly appreciated !  thanks   John KB2HUK

Also This tower project is not complete yet I only have the first 10 ' of
tower in the concrete ...   room for changes.    thanks