[Towertalk] winches to pull up tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] winches to pull up tower
From: richard@karlquist.com (Richard Karlquist)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:35:30 -0700
Go to the Heights Towers web site.
(www.heightstowers.com)
Drake just revamped the site and
has pictures of the redesigned fold
over kit for tilting over their
towers.  You might be able to adapt
their fold over system to your tower,
if your Universal section is similar
to a Heights sections.

The other thing you can do is us a 2"
by 20 foot water pipe as a "falling
derrick" type ginpole.  My web site
www.n6rk.com shows the falling derrick
principle for raising a vertical.  However,
you have to be careful to spread the
load on the tower so you don't crush the
tubing from the pull up force.  You
can also see diagrams of falling derrick
techniques on some of the web sites selling
tilt up windmill masts.

Rick Karlquist    N6RK
richard@karlquist.com
www.n6rk.com