[Towertalk] Re: Vertical wire TOP FEED?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Vertical wire TOP FEED?
From: wilder@abs.net (Martha & Dick Wilder)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:18:51 -0400 (EDT)
Hi George,

If your building has steel structure, and you can get GOOD connection
to the building frame, I suggest using that for a ground with NO
RADIALS. Tie the tuner and rig well to that ground.  I suggest that
the steel structure will have more zig-zag and straight away
resonances that could ever be accomplished with radials.  In this
case, if you did put up a few radials they could be used to dry
laundry.

On the other hand, if you're in a wooden structure building,
then you have a problem.  You'll need some sort of ground.
You might consider tieing to METAL heating and air conditioning
ducts and also adding radials.

Good luck, 73, Dick Wilder, K3DI  (Also M0BOA when on holiday)