[Towertalk] 40M Dipole Height.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40M Dipole Height.
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider (N3RR))
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:48:05 -0400
Robert,

Do you really mean 1/4 wave dipole (each leg being approx 5 meters long)?
Or do you mean 1/2 wave dipole (each leg being approx 10 meters long)?
Are you specifying the length of each leg, or both?  How high off the ground
is each leg of the antenna?

Seems you mean 1/2 wave.  If so:

Keep the dipole at the 55 ft point and remember that the direction of
maximum radiation will be in a direction pointing away from the tower and
between the sloping wires.

The higher the feedpoint, the better, since most of the radiation (80% or
so) takes place in 50% of the length of the antenna, measured from the
feedpoint in both directions.

If you really mean 1/4 wave dipole, tell us with what coax you are feeding
it and what SWR you have.

Bill, N3RR