[Towertalk] 40M Dipole Height.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40M Dipole Height.
From: Robert Webb" <g0urr@btopenworld.com (Robert Webb)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:02:55 +0100
Hello everyone, a quickie for you. I have a 60ft tower with a 1/4 wave 40m
coax fed dipole attached at the 55ft point. Due to land restrictions, the
two ends slope down sharply and the two ends are appx 40ft apart at their
lowest point. Would my radiated signal improve if i  lowered the feedpont,
therefore increasing the angle of the slope or is it better to keep the
feedpoint as high as possible. I just cannot work out or see in my mind
which would be the best option. Hope it all makes sense, and thanks for
youre time 73s
Robert Webb
G0URR