[Towertalk] style & content

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] style & content
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:54:39 -0700
At 11:56 AM 2002-07-18 -0400, you wrote:
>All this just proves that hams can spin a long conversation out of almost
>any topic.

I think tha it is because, hams have many different backgrounds, hence can
discuss in a reasonably good manner many different topics.  I have been in
other groups and outside of what the groups is for, they cannot (or maybe
donot know) discuss.

>Personally, I have given up trying to correct people's grammar, syntax,
>and spelling on the 'net.  It is a thankless and never-ending job.  TT is
>a linguistic paragon compared with lots of the more popular discussion
>groups.  Mostly it's us OF's who were taught right!

At times it is fun to discuss what is the best way to express the thought,
concept.  If we all went helter-scelter what would we be able to
communicate?  The tower of Babel, is an ancient story in some peoples
backgrounds.

>What _really_ bugs me is that too many folks just 'reply' to articles in
>TT and include the original long message ad nauseam.  What a waste of
>bandwidth and bytes!  Please, just quote the parts you're replying to and
>delete the rest.

I concure  However, some people delete everything and say "I aggree with  you!"

>That's my piece for the day.
>
>73, Martin, AA6E
And I think you for such.

Chris pr VE7HCB