[Towertalk] C31XR & guy wire detuning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] C31XR & guy wire detuning
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:12:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/02 12:50:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

> I want to break the 54' sections into two segments each. My question:
>
>  What should the lengths of these two sections be to minimize their
>  interaction with the C31XR?

    There are 2 things at work - the antenna and the guy wires. First, you
need to see if  it's a guy problem by keying the radio into the antenna and
then turn it while you watch the swr. If the swr varies as it turns, then
it's guy wire interaction. If it doesn't change, you've got an antenna
problem.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH