[Towertalk] AutoCAD Tower drawings?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AutoCAD Tower drawings?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:28:43 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/02 4:15:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4gi@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Is there anywhere I could get (amateur) rohn autocad construction drawings
>  (electronic files) that I could use as a starting point for designing my
own
>  installation??  (that I can modify as needed)

    What's wrong with the complete drawings in the catalog? (Available from
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.championradio.com</A>)

>  I'm not an engineer, and no I don't have to turn in signed/sealed drawings.
>  In my experience with regulatory people, the reviewers are usually
impressed
>  by "high-tech" looking stuff.  I'd like to turn in a professional-looking
>  tower application package.

    Building department plan checkers and inspectors are impressed by FACTS
and FIGURES and COMPLIANCE with building codes, not amateur paperwork.

>  Figured I'd check to see if this kindof thing is available first, if not
>  I'll start from scratch.

    I guess my question is, "Why do you want to reinvent the wheel?". Unless
you ARE a clever fabricator and decent engineer, I wouldn't suggest you do
that. All that to save $80 a section for 25G or whatever? Good grief.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -