[Towertalk] Quality of Home Center "tower" hardware

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Quality of Home Center "tower" hardware
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:48:51 -0400
I recommend against - have done it and regretted it...

the Stainless marine hardware they have actually does rust...it is a low
grade SS

the bolt business goes to the low bidder...and...you get what you pay
for!  Find a rigging supply place - look up something in the yellow
pages like rigging or concrete buckets or some such and follow it
backwards to a place that sells this stuff to commercial users...when it
comes to your tower you will always you had done just that when you
climb it and look at the corroded crud you settled for at the time of
installation...

Don't do it man

K4OJ